Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Interval Training

Interval Training?
Heard of it, but never thought it was for me.
Decided this week to give it a try.
Need to boast my "getting back into shape" training.
Needed something that was not as time consuming
as running.
With 3 kids, I can not go to a hour class.
Plus, already struggling getting my two days of running in,
not able to add more running right now.
Also, I want some results fast.
A friend suggested interval training.
So..., here I am in my first week.
This is my plan so far:
4 days interval training/2 days running.
To start each interval session will be 10 minutes.
10 minutes doesn't seem long does it?
Let me tell you it is!
The key with interval training is the intensity
of your interval.
I am starting out 30 seconds of intense cardio
followed by 30 seconds of a weight movement
which includes both lower body and the upper body.
30 seconds is a long time
when the intensity is truly there!
I am hoping to increase to one minute intervals
in a few weeks.

Two days of running til my strength increases
then will increase to 3 days/week if time permits.

Well, there you have my plan for getting back into shape.
I also need to work on my healthy eating habits too.
But, that is another long post.

Happy training.

1 comment:

  1. I too am working on loosing weight this year. It seems that since I started college 2 years ago I have done nothing but gain weight! Its due to the staying up until 3am studying and my eating habits going haywire. I think the biggest struggle with me will be to get my healthy eating habits back again! That and getting into a routine of doing something physical. Good Luck to you! :)

    ReplyDelete