Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Where I Am Right Now

Back injuries absolutely stink, really stink.
This one rocked my world, my 2010 plans, my 2010 running plans.
Let's start with how my 2010 started....
At the Disney Marathon in January.
Talking about cold--27 degrees cold and it was only going
to get up 49 degrees by mid day.
You have be be at the starting area by 3:30 am,
the race starts at 6:50 am.
By the time the race started, I could not feel my toes.
It was not til mile 5 that I could.
I had 3 layers of pants and shirts on, gloves, hat,
and a trash bag.
My friend, her first marathon, started off in trouble.
She could not catch her breath
and at mile 8 she had a full blown asthma attack.
She told me to go on,
no way, we were here together, so we had to drop out.
She recovered by the afternoon and
we did get to enjoy the park, just us girls.
Anyway, back to the point, had to drop out of that one.
Next race was a little 5K that was part trail, part road.
No problem, right, wrong.
I hit the trail and my back said a big HELLO!!!!
I completed the race by walking.
It went down hill from there.
After 3 months of physical therapy, love my therapist,
and 15 pounds later, here I am.
I have completed my first run since back injury,
a 5K on July 4th
by the walk/run method 1 minute run
followed by one minute walk.
36 minutes, not bad.
My back was tired afterward for a few days.
Working on strengthening my core and back.
Back injuries, slow recovery process.
I want my back back!
But, I refuse to relapse by being stupid.
I will go it slow.
Many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment